Dan Lok talks about marketing of the other big brands that are having a hard time keeping their stores open and how Apple marketing has generated $4790.82 per square foot on an annualized basis in 2014.
He goes on to explain five ways how Apple has cultivated loyal raving fans.
- It's hard work to make things simple. If your product is complicated, you need to focus on one aspect and explain that in your 2min pitch / compelling landing page.
- For most entrepreneurs, best advise is go where the money is.
If its revolutionary, its going to take a lot of money to educate the marketplace to buy this revolutionary thing.
If people are already spending money on something - can you sell it cheaper, faster, bigger, make it prettier?
- What you do is not who you are!
You want to sell an experience.
- People are willing to pay more for connection with a person of elevated status / influence - perceived celebrity.
Perception is Reality!
- What can you do leverage your customers base to increase your back end.
It can be somebody else's products.
- Go where the money is and stand in front of it.
Not where you think its going to be, where you perceive it will be etc.
- Attention is the new currency.